Sweet Tooth

ahh, Shortbread.... this is actually a new shortbread cookie recipe. This particular one is a new one to me, so I guess we will have to see how they turn out. ( The dough tastes good!!)


I usually make bars, or cakes, because for some reason, I really hate the process of putting cookies in and out of the oven. But today, I thought, "Whatever".

The last time I baked, I made a chocolate Walnut Bar, From Jean Paré's 150 delicious squares cookbook. And they were divine! My Mom, Dad, and I, were all fighting for the last ones!
so I thought I'd share the recipe.
*Note: I substituted Almonds for Walnuts

Chocolate Walnut Slice
Bottom Layer: 
Measure 1/2 cup butter, 1/3 packed brown sugar, 1 1/4 cups flour, and 1/4 tsp salt together in a bowl. crumble together until mealy. Press into ungreased 9x9" pan. Set Aside. 

Top Layer: Beat 2 eggs until foamy. Add 1 cup brown sugar, 3 tbsp. cocoa, 1 tbsp. flour, 1/2 cup chopped walnuts, 1 cup coconut, 1 tsp vanilla. Stir Well. Spread over bottom layer.

Bake in 350F oven for 30 minutes

(Helpful hint from Moi, Julia: Let it sit for at least an hour before you try to cut!)

Post a Comment